Deputy Chief Officer (Agriculture, Lands and Administration)
- Agency: Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
- Reference: R0342019
- Posted: 08-Feb-2019
- Closing Date: 26-Feb-2019
- Salary: CI$96,600 - CI$120,648
- Job Description
The post-holder will support the Chief Officer to deliver the mandate for the Ministry by assuming overall management responsibility for matters related to: Agriculture and Lands Policy, Information Communication Technology (ICT) and core administration of the Ministry which includes capital expenditure, communications, and records management.
Required qualifications, experience and skills include the following:
- The post holder should be educated to a first degree level or equivalent. In addition, a Masterís Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or other relevant area would be highly desirable.
- Hold at least (7) years of broad senior-level experience, with administrative functions, management and financial systems.
- Have detailed knowledge of the legislative process.
- Possess extensive knowledge of current policy issues in one of the fields of expertise required for the role.
- Experience working with senior leaders and stakeholders to identify and promote policies, and to help define priorities and bring about solutions to compelling organisational challenges.
- Excellent analytical and research skills, with the ability to collect and analyse complex material and data, and present it in accessible forms.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce clear, focused and comprehensible documents for various audiences and purposes.
- Excellent strategic planning and project management skills, including the ability to manage and deliver on schedule several projects at once, and the ability to manage external consultants engaged to deliver projects.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
Please send your completed Government application form and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 26th February 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.