Officer Commanding (2 Posts)
- Agency: Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
- Reference: R01072019
- Posted: 07-May-2019
- Closing Date: 23-May-2019
- Salary: CI$46,488 - CI$62,532
- Job Description
The Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
invites applications for the following post:
(ALPHA COMPANY & BRAVO COMPANY – 2 POSTS)
The primary role of the Officer Commanding is to assist the Cayman Islands Cadet Corps (CICC) in achieving the aims of the Training Directive and all training matters in accordance with the Army Proficiency Certificate Syllabus as it is related to his/her Company. Company Commanders will be the direct liaison between parents, teachers and the Cadet Corps. He/she will monitor the health and welfare of the Cadets within his/her company and will be responsible for the smooth operation of all aspects of the Company.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that training and APC assessments are arranged in conjunction with the Adjutant Training Officer at Recruit, 1- 4 Star Levels.
- Assist in the development and administration of Star Level exams.
- Develop and implement training progammes that are specific to the nuances in respective companies.
- Oversee drills and other training sessions with Cadets and Adult Volunteers
- Monitor the health and welfare of cadets within his/her Company.
Required qualifications, experience and skills include the following:
Successful applicant should possess the following:
- A Social Science Bachelor’s Degree such as Social Work, Education, Sociology, Physiology or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a training and administrative environment within a military/paramilitary.
- Should be a Commissioned Officer of the rank Lieutenant or above.
- Excellent knowledge of drill instruction and military skills. Marine skills/ training would be an advantage.
- Experience working with adolescents between the ages of 11 – 19.
- Excellent Interpersonal, Organizational and Communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within stipulated deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Programme (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
Please send your completed Government application form and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: May 23, 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.