- Agency: Cadet Corps
- Reference: R02622019
- Posted: 02-Sep-2019
- Closing Date: 30-Sep-2019
- Salary: CI$66,876 - CI$89,940
- Job Description
Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
Cayman Islands Government
The Cayman Islands Cadet Corps invites applications for the following post:
The post holder is accountable to the Commandant for innovation, policy coherence, enhanced systems and mechanisms for accountability and governance at all levels within the CICC and for helping to ensure that a Training Program that achieves measurable progress towards the overall goal of ensuring every child in our program is a productive citizen is maintained. The post holder will assist the Commandant in fulfilling his duties and responsibilities in regards to the efficient operation of the Cayman Islands Cadet Corps.
Required qualifications, experience and skills include the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in one of the Social Sciences or a related field and at least four (4) years relevant experience OR have at least 8 years’ experience as a Senior Officer and/or senior managerial experience in a Military environment.
- The post holder should have human resource management experience.
- Must hold the rank of Major or above.
- Should have experience working with youth between the ages of 11 – 19. Experience as a Cadet/Cadet Officer would be an asset.
- A genuine concern and ability to relate to the situations of the youth within the Cayman Islands Cadet Corps is essential.
- Reliable and capable under pressure, delivering multiple tasks and high volumes of work to deadlines.
- Knowledge of drill and other military skills as it relates specifically to Cadetting
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
Please send your completed Government application form and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Sunday 30th September 2019
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.