Director of Sports
- Agency: Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
- Reference: R0112020
- Posted: 14-Jan-2020
- Closing Date: 31-Jan-2020
- Salary: CI$89,124 - CI$119,868
- Job Description
Ministry of Education,Youth,Sports,Agriculture & Lands
Cayman Islands Government
Invites applications for the following post:
Director of Sports
To lead and manage the activities of the department, provide strategic leadership and management, contribute to and liaise with the Ministry on the development and formulation of sports policy including legislation and to implement the strategic direction accordingly.
Required qualifications, experience and skills include the following:
- Bachelorís degree in Management preferably Sports Management or a related Social Science. A Masterís Degree in Recreation and Park Management, Sports Management, Physical Education, or a related Social Science would be preferred
- At least five yearsí experience of management in Sports and Recreation
- Experience with budgeting, negotiating, planning and evaluation.
- Strong management skills, including appraising people and performance, training, coaching and delegating and disciplining
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge, training and experience in various sports, together with a commitment to the pursuit of excellence through broadening participation in popular sports
- Experience and understanding of government structures and the laws governing the Public Service such as Public Service Management Law, Public Management and Finance Law, and Procurement Law.
- Experience and understanding of non-governmental and voluntary organisations and the laws applicable to them such as the Non-Profit Organisations Law, Child Safety etc.
Please send your completed Government application form and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.