Secretary to the Education Council
- Agency: Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
- Reference: R01152020
- Posted: 20-Mar-2020
- Closing Date: 03-Apr-2020
- Salary: CI$61,272 - CI$82,380
- Job Description
Ministry of Education,Youth,Sports,Agriculture & Lands
Invites applications for the following post:
Secretary to the Education Council
The post holder will be a part of a team whose remits spans compulsory education, Early Childhood Care and Education; Special Educational Needs; and Curriculum, Assessment and Teachersí Professional Development. He/she is accountable to the Deputy Chief Officer (Compulsory & Early Childhood Education).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To assist the Education Council in providing a range of high level administrative support services including:
- Attending all meetings of the Education Council and provide input to the development and establishment of operational procedures for the Education Council.
- Record and maintain all minutes of the Education Council meetings and proceedings and decisions; distribute decisions/outcomes recorded by the Education Council to relevant parties.
- Track and monitor decisions by the Education Council and ensure such are carried out as required.
- Develop systems and procedures in bringing cases, complaints and queries to the Education Council.
- Assist colleagues with the preparation of casefiles to be brought to Education Council.
- Consult and liaise with other staff members in the Ministry, the Department of Education Services (DES), other government agencies, public organisations and members of the public to assist the Council in carrying out their remit.
- Prepare recommendations to the Minister as per the request of Education Council and present to the Minister as agreed with the Chair of Education Council.
- Keep up to date and accurate files in regards to all matters pertaining to the Education Council.
- Track the budget for Education Council such as expenses for meetings and stipends and arrange such payments.
- Acting as the liaison between Education Council, the Ministry, DES, Government Agencies and the public.
- Receiving and processing complaints for the Education Councilís consideration.
- Supporting the Subcommittees of Education Council as is required.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelorís degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, or similar tertiary qualification and at least 5 years work experience, preferably in the public sector.
- Three (3) to five (5) years relevant experience in administration.
- Experience and working knowledge of Governmentís organisational structure and functions, including budget and financial control and personnel management procedures would be an asset.
- Knowledge of current policy issues in the field of education, experience working with senior leaders and stakeholders to identify and promote education policies, and to help define priorities and bring about solutions to compelling organisational challenges within the education sector.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
Please send your completed Government application form, resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday 3rd April 2020
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.