Primary Specialist Teacher (Music - Vocal & Instrumental)
- Agency: Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
- Reference: R02902020
- Posted: 13-Dec-2020
- Closing Date: 29-Jan-2021
- Salary: CI$60,168- - CI$63,216
- Job Description
The Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands invites applications for the following education roles within the Government school system for 2021/22 academic years commencing August 2021
Primary Specialist Teacher (Music - Vocal & Instrumental) Cayman Brac
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject from a recognized institution
- Formal teacher training/qualification as specified in the Department of Education Services policy on Teacher Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’, post qualification teaching experience, as a trained music teacher with experience in vocal and instrumental music to primary aged children with a demonstrated track record of successful teaching and learning including
- Prior experience of teaching in a child-centred learning environment with an emphasis on an activity-based approach with differentiation for individual abilities is essential
- Must be able to play piano at least at Grade 6 level.
- Experience of IB would be an advantage
- Ability to contribute to the vocal music programme will be an asset.
- Prior experience facilitating learning using a play based approach with the ability to differentiate to cater for individual abilities
- *Evidence of ICT skills sufficient to support integration of ICT in the classroom is required
-Teaching of concert band instruments, e.g. clarinet, flute, saxophone, trumpet.
-Teaching of popular band instruments, e.g. electric guitar, electronic keyboard.
-Arrangement of music for different combinations of instruments
Please send your completed Government Application Form, Supplementary Form (teaching post only) and Cover Letter only via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: January 29th 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.