- Agency: Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands
- Reference: R01212021
- Posted: 06-Apr-2021
- Closing Date: 23-Apr-2021
- Salary: CI$70,224 - CI$94,440
- Job Description
The Sunrise Adult Training Centre invites applications for the following post:
The post-holder will coordinate, manage, and further develop the delivery of training and therapeutic programmes at the Sunrise Adult Training Centre, which serves adults with a wide range of disabilities and/or developmental delays. The post holder will also assist the Director with the day-to-day operations of the Centre.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of training and therapeutic programmes for adults with disabilities to promote the development and maintenance of individual growth and independence.
- Coordinate and evaluate Therapeutic Services to promote the health and fitness of clients to include Occupational Therapy and Recreational and Fitness Programme.
- Responsible for the implementation of the external qualifications frameworks, as appropriate.
- Participate as member of SRC’s Senior Management Team, and function as Deputy in absence of SRC Director.
- Oversee and coordinate lesson/activity plans for SRC staff to ensure effective service delivery.
- Assist with the induction of new staff, and ongoing performance management, including providing feedback, mentoring and support, as necessary, to ensure that staff are working as effectively as possible.
- Assist the Director with the preparation of Annual Budget and other Reports as requested.
- Contribute to effective decision-making at management meetings, conferences and panels to promote effective practice with regards to SRC clients.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in (a) Special Education or related field, (b) Occupational Therapy (c) Vocational Rehabilitation, or (d) Behavioral Sciences or a combination of training and experience in a closely related field.
- Have demonstrable evidence of a wide range of professional training, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with learners with special needs, preferably adults.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience at senior level within a SEN related service, school, or programme, and minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Have strong record of achievement in working with learners with significant learning, behavioural, physical and developmental challenges.
- Have demonstrable experience in the design and delivery of training programmes for learners with SEN and disabilities.
- Evidence of excellent ICT skills.
- A Master’s degree in (a) Special Education or related field, (b) Occupational Therapy, (c) Vocational Rehabilitation, or (d) Behavioral Sciences or a closely related field.
- Familiarity with the ASDAN, City & Guilds, and other external qualification frameworks would be an asset.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents.
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
The detailed job description and Government application form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs. Please send your completed Government application form, resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: 11:59pm April 23rd, 2021
Benefits will be determined in accordance with the Public Service Management Law, Personnel Regulations, the Public Service Pensions Law and the CINICO Health Plan as may be amended from time to time. Pension and health benefits are non-contributory.