CAYMAN ISLANDS AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY (CIAS)
The CIAS is a not-for-profit organisation (NPO) that receives financial support from the Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture and Lands (MEYSAL) towards the provision of the following services to the public:
- Lobby for and represent the interest of farmers to the government and private sector organisations to enable the development of local agriculture.
- Disseminate agricultural information to its members.
- Educate and coordinate training opportunities in various agricultural disciplines for its members.
- Plan and coordinate activities for the annual agricultural show as well as provide opportunities and venues for the exhibition, education, and competition for the farming community.
- Highlight and award the work of farmers to encourage agricultural activity within the jurisdiction.
- Promote and encourage agriculture throughout the farming community and the wider populous within the jurisdiction.