Strategic Plan for Education 2012-2017
The Cayman Islands Strategic Plan for Education (the Plan) covers the education system for the next five years. It sets out the road map for improving the Cayman Islands education system, and the steps that must be taken to continue to build on the successes of the 2011 Education Stabilisation Plan.
The Plan tackles the challenges faced as the Ministry, Department and Schools strive to develop a world class education system. It takes a five-year look ahead, and sets out very clearly where we must be by 2017, to make progress towards securing the high quality education system we need for our students.
The Cayman Islands Strategic Plan for Education is organized under six Goals:
- Strengthen leadership and build national capacity;
- Build a world-class early childhood care and education system;
- Secure high standards and improve student progress and achievement;
- Build safer school communities and promote inclusion;
- Enhance skills for learning, life and work and
- Engage parents as partners in their children’s learning
This Plan has gone through extensive consultation with the following groups throughout the country:
- Education Council
- Early Childhood Centres
- Private Schools Association
- General Public
As a result the Ministry is confident that this plan reflects the true needs of our country and our students.
The final version of the plan was released on February 7th, 2013. To ensure the implementation of this plan, action planning, project management and stakeholder engagement will take place over the next five years. All of this is outlined in the Strategic Plan and we encourage you to download it and see how our education system is going to change and improve.
Last Updated: 2013-02-12