Role of employers
The Ministry of Education, Training and Employment is looking to partner with local employers who can:
- provide job placement opportunities for 2 weeks
- mentor participants
- provide on the job training and guidance
- measure and report on performance, attendance and behaviour
The long term benefits of Passport2Success to local employers will be:
- improved general skill levels of work force
- an easily accessible means of identifying and recruiting young local talent with a commitment to hard work
- increased levels of employee retention and lower expenses of staff turnover
- good community relations and high profile public relations opportunities
- tackling social issues such as crime by giving young people a positive direction. This is good for the wider community and reputation of the Cayman Islands, and ultimately helps to foster a more business friendly environment.
Research showed that 88% of employers surveyed agreed that NEPP was a useful way forward for up-skilling graduates.
Last Updated: 2010-09-27