You are here: Homepage > Freedom of Information
Freedom of Information
- Information Manager
- Janet Chisholm
- Address: (Location)
- 3rd Floor, Royal Plaza,
Cardinal Avenue, George Town,
- Mailing Address
- c/o Government Administration Building,
Grand Cayman KY1-9000,
- Telephone: (345) 244-2417
- Fax: (345) 949-9343
- Email: email@example.com
As a public authority, the Freedom of Information details for the Education, Training, Employment, Youth, Sports & Culture Ministry is committed to openness, transparency and serving the public interest in compliance with the Freedom of Information Law, 2007.
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Law was passed on 19th October 2007 and comes into effect in January 2009. It gives the public a right of access to all types of records held by public authorities, but also sets out some exemptions from that right.
- Department of Education
- Department of Employment Relations
- Education Standards and Assessment Unit
- National Archive
- National Pensions Office
- Public Libraries
- Sunrise Centre
- University College Cayman Islands
A list of any committees, boards, Associations, Trusts, Foundations etc that the public authority oversees
- Investors in People Steering Committee
- Labour Tribunals
- Labour Tribunals of Cayman Brac and Little Cayman
- Labour Appeals Tribunal
- Education Council
- National Pensions Board
- Public Library Management Committee
- University College of the Cayman Islands Board of Directors
Each public authority covered by the Freedom of Information Law has a legal duty to adopt and maintain a publication scheme in accordance with s. 5 of the FOI Law. The main purpose of a publication scheme is to make information readily available without the need for specific written requests. Schemes are intended to encourage organisations to publish proactively, and develop a greater culture of openness.
The Law states that Information to be published by public authorities includes:-
- the functions of the authority, what work it does and how it sets about its tasks.
- the departments and agencies of the authority.
- the subjects handled by each department or authority, with the locations of the departments and agencies and the opening hours of all offices.
- the title and business address of the Principal Officer and other key officers within the authority.
- Classes of records held.
- Manuals, interpretations, rules, guidelines, practices or precedents.
Last Updated: 2010-03-24
This website forms the Ministry of Education e-publication scheme, developed in compliance with Section 5 of the FOI Law