Early Childhood Assistance Programme (ECAP) Fund
Published 13th May 2015, 3:37pm
The Ministry of Education offers funding to assist eligible young Caymanian children to attend an early childhood centre (preschool). Children who are eligible for either full or partial funding are able to receive this support between September 1st, 2015 and June 30th, 2016. The funding is sent directly to the early childhood centre to provide pre-primary opportunities for young children. In order to qualify, children must be 3 years old as of September 1st, 2015, and meet other specified criteria, including financial criteria as detailed in the table below:
|Total Income Per Month|
|Number of Dependents||
|5 or more||Full||Full||Full||Full|
Children who do not have Reception provision within their catchment area may also be eligible to receive funding. However, these children should first be registered at the Department of Education Services (DES) for a Reception class, and then their application will be referred to the ECCE Unit by the Registering Officer at DES.
All completed ECAP application forms must be submitted with the relevant documents directly to the Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Unit, 5th Floor, Government Administration Building no later than Friday, July 31st, 2015. Forms should not be delivered to the early childhood centres, and the ECCE Unit will not take responsibility for undelivered forms.
Along with the completed application form, the following must be submitted:
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Copy of the Caymanian parent’s birth certificate.
- Proof of status (if parent and/or child is Caymanian by virtue of obtaining Caymanian Status).
- Proof of legal guardianship must be shown if the child resides with someone other than his/her Parent.
- Proof of income: recent pay slips, current job letters, or proof of maintenance.
- If self-employed, copies of bank statements showing earnings must be attached.
- If unemployed, parent must provide a copy of his/her termination letter and proof of registration with the National Workforce Development Agency.
Application forms are available at the Government Administration Building on Elgin Avenue, at the Department of Education Services on Thomas Russell Way, and from early childhood centre directors/operators. For further information you may contact Turnette Stewart at email@example.com or Reneé Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org and 244-5735.