Further Uniform Delays
Published 1st September 2010, 1:47pm
Statement from The Ministry and Department of Education Update re: Year 12 & Government High School Uniforms Following an earlier announcement, government school officials regretfully announce that receipt of some government high school and Year 12 programme uniforms will be further delayed. However, as long as supplies last, parents will be allowed to purchase two (2) complete uniform sets as a temporary measure until the remainder of the order arrives. For the month of September only, students are therefore required to comply with the following dress code:
- Tops: Must be plain/solid dress shirts, polo shirts, PE shirts, or t-shirts.
- Bottoms: Must be knee-length or longer, plain, smart-casual or business skirts for girls; full-length plain dress pants for boys and girls (Dockers are considered suitable). All pants must be worn with belts.
- Shoes: Must be the regular school shoes, as required by the uniform policy.
- John Gray High School: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays at the JGHS Campus;
- Clifton Hunter High School: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays at the Bodden Town Civic Centre;
- Cayman Islands Further Education Centre (CIFEC): 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays in the old George Hicks High School uniform shop, across from the Lion's Pool.