SRC Achieves Silver
Published 2nd November 2011, 3:39pm
Sunrise Adult Training Centre (SRC) clients and staff invite the community to join them in marking their 25th year as an institution.
To commemorate this milestone, an open house will be held at the Centre, located at 181 Powery Road in West Bay, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 8 November. A thanksgiving service follows at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, 13 November, at the Savannah United Church (on Astrial Way).
In addition, Centre staff and clients will appear on television- and radio talk shows throughout that week.
Newly appointed SRC Director Shari Smith encourages the community to join in the silver anniversary celebrations.
"We welcome everyone to see just how SRC has positively affected the lives of special-needs individuals within our community," she said. "There will be food, as well as talent and artwork on display, so come expecting to be entertained."
Established in 1986, the SRC provides opportunities for adults with disabilities (AWDs) to become responsible and productive residents. This is achieved through life-skills courses, pre-vocational training, supervised job placements, recreational and fitness activities.Though several of the Centre's 57 AWDs are in full or part-time employment, SRC staffers continue to seek similar opportunities for other clients.
SRC 25th Anniversary Activities
The Sunrise Adult Training Centre's 25th anniversary celebration events are scheduled as follows:
- Radio Cayman's Talk Today: 12 Noon on Thursday, 3 November;
- Radio Cayman's Morning Scoop: 7:30 a.m. on Monday, 7 November;
- Cayman27's DayBreak: 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, 8 November;
- 25th Anniversary Celebration Open House at SRC (181 Powery Road, West Bay): 10:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, 8 November; and
- Thanksgiving Service at Savannah United Church (Astrial Way, Savannah): 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, 13 November.(GIS)