Tender No: CTC/10-11/MET/004
Tender No: CTC/10-11/MET/004
On Behalf of the Cayman Islands Government (CIG), the Ministry of Education, Training, and Employment (the Client) intends to proceed with a portion of the concrete work at the New High Schools Project, Clifton Hunter High School Campus located in the district of George Town.
Description of Services
The services required include, but are not limited to, installation of concrete works per the attached scope. A full scope of works will be contained in the tender documentation package.
Interested firms will need to meet the following eligibility criteria in order to be considered and evaluated.
- Ability to acquire contractors all risk insurance to a minimum value of CI $500,000.00
- Companies or individual tenderers must comply with all applicable local laws including business registrations, pensions and other regulations and any other regulations.
- Experience in similar projects.
- Tenderers are reminded that the bids should be inclusive of all cost necessary for them to conduct business in the Cayman Islands.
The criteria for evaluation and the relative points weighting will be included in the tender documentation, particular attention is drawn to the securing of firms with experience of similar project size and type.
A tender walk-thru will be held on Thursday, August 26th, 2010 at 9:00 am at the Clifton Hunter High School Campus. This walk-thru is strongly recommended.
Collection and Access to Tender Documentation
Tenders may be downloaded from the Central Tenders Committee website: www.centraltenders.gov.ky or from the Ministry of ET&E website at www.education.gov.ky. The drawings and specifications can be collected via CD-Rom from the Ministry of ET&E offices located on the 3rd floor, on Cardinall Avenue.
Return of Tenders
These tender documents will be available on August 11th, 2010. Tenders must be returned to the address listed below by 12:00 pm on September 16th, 2010 in an enclosed envelope (sealed) to:
- Tender #: CTC/111-11/MET/004
- Central Tenders Committee
- Government Administration Building
- Elgin Avenue, George Town
- KY1-9000 Grand Cayman,
- Cayman Islands.
All tenderers are requested to submit any question they may have no later than seven (7) days prior to the tender return date. These questions and the answers will be posted on our website: www.education.gov.ky/tenders five (5) days prior to the tender return date.
Late tenders will not be accepted, CIG will not defray any cost incurred by tenderers. The Cayman Islands government shall not be bound to assign any reason for not accepting any tender.
Thomas C. Ebanks Jr.
Facility Manager, Facilities Section
Ministry of ET&E
Last Updated: 2010-08-10
- Invitation to Tender
- Printable Version
- Addendum #2
- Clifton Hunter High School Building 5-7
- Clifton Hunter Building 5-7
- General notes - 8-26-10.
- Doc 02
- Concrete Tender Clifton Hunter High School 5-7
- Doc 05 – Appendix 03
- AIA A232-2009 — General Conditions for the Contract for Construction
- Tender Summary
- Building 5 & 7.
- General Notes Building 5-7
- Clifton Hunter High School.
- AIA Document A132TM – 2009
- Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Contractor, Construction Manager as Adviser Edition.
- Cayman Islands Labour Law(2007 Revision)
- The Labour (Occupational Safety and Health) (Construction Industry) Regulations, 2008.